The Atlanta Football Classic is going to get some more company than usual this year. This year the Annual BET Hip Hop Awards will be taking place this weekend in Atlanta also. So don’t be disappointed to stars like Diddy, Wayne, or any Maybach Music Group artist roaming around the city during this weekend.[rivasliderpro id="5"]
6Tips that will help you doing ATL Classic Week.
- Be Safe. This is the most important, and stay aware while you are out enjoying the festivities.
- Give Yourself extra time getting to the Stadium because traffic around the Georgia Dome will be horrendous.
- Tune into these radio stations to get the info about the events going on in the city: V-103, Hot 107.9, and Magic 107.5.
- Be expected to pay top price this weekend if you want to enjoy the nightlife.
- Ask people to clarify which “Peachtree” because their are over 50 streets with Peachtree in them.
- Bankhead and Buckhead are two different areas(Lol)
Now for the Atlanta Classic Events. The two main events of the ATL Football Classic besides the game are the Halftime Show and the Parade. This year’s halftime show will be off the chain with 3 performers expanding all generations of music lovers. First it’s the Queen of Funk “Chaka Khan” and then it’s the Human Beat Box to join the Human Jukebox Dougie Fresh, and last it’s Atlanta’s favorite Future. They all will be performing doing halftime and I’m sure the latter two will be performing throughout the city this weekend as well. To read more about that click here(Chaka Khan talks Atlanta Football Classic)
The event that precedes the game is the Parade of Excellence by Kia. The Parade of Excellence takes place on Saturday, September 29, 2012 stepping off at 10:00 am from the corner of Peachtree and Baker streets (Click Here for exact starting point.) It then follows Peachtree, taking a right onto Marietta St. and ending by Phillips Arena. This one of the best Parades in Atlanta and a fan favorite. So stay tune and don’t forget to check our hotels for the best prices.
Top 5 Hotels Under $100
*Prices are for dates are for 9/27-9/30 – Must enter dates to get price.
Top 5 Hotels Under $200 *Prices are for dates are for 9/27-9/30 – Must enter dates to get price.